Asian spiral potato.



I'd never tried them before but seeing my friends sharing those beautiful spiral potato pics on Facebook while on holiday. They are very popular snack, street food all over Asia.

My first attempt making Asian spiral potato today, my kids finished them all in no time. I am more than happy to do another batch for them and their Irish neighbour friends.

Methods: 

It will require a bit of focus and patience. I had fun making it.

 Chose the long and flat potatoes. Soak the bamboo skewers in water while peeling the potatoes.






I am not that strong to push the skewer through the whole potato so I cut it into half. Use a sharp small knife and gently cut the potato, make sure you go slowly follow spiral core of the skewers to the end.




Once reaching to the end, press the knife and go backward to make sure the cut is through. From the top you push the cut down to make space using the knife.




Soak them in water to remove the starch. Dust them with some flour ( mix in some curry powder and salt, black peppers or any kind of spice mixed you prefer)). In a large frying pan, heat up the oil and place the skewers neatly when the oil just slightly warm. Cook at medium heat. This way will help the flour stick to the potato. 
Turn occasionally until golden brown.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share